Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Register?

You know that part in Sleepless in Seattle where and Meg Ryan and her nerdy (but sweet) fiancé are talking about a romantic valentines trip and he gets excited about registering? Anyone? She has this look on her face of "um...ok". Yeah, I think that describes Chris and me. We were told that because engagement parties are the start of the wedding mania we needed to register so that people could have an option to purchase a gift. We debated the merits, and thought, sure...what the heck.

We took a little trip to a store I like to call the bridal mother ship: Crate and Barrel. At least 9 other couples joined us while elbowing one another to scan our desired items. I never knew that in order to make pancakes not only is a batter dispenser necessary, but a special spatula. Who knew? It was refreshing to see all of said couples argue (I mean compromise) on the items they each felt deserved to be on "the list". Us included! Chris wanted to throw that scanner thing at my head at least once, but was hesitant to damage the device because he had to leave his driver’s license to get it. Thank God, I think that was the only thing that prevented me from an injury.

No comments: