Monday, February 09, 2009

Ladies Night


To continue with the b-day theme Sunday night I had a little martini/movie party for myself here in Dallas. We intended on meeting early to grab a cocktail in the lounge, but we walked in 45 min before show time and the line was already forming. So we decided to forgo the drinks until after the movie. The Inwood Theater was the venue, and the movie was “He’s just not that into you”. The theater is amazing, filled with over sized love seats and couches, you can bring in your own alcohol and they hand out blankets etc. It’s like being in a huge living room.
We all spread out and curled up in our own seats for the show. I brought along red velvet cupcakes and valentines for the girls. (Hey...it’s my party and I'll bring cupcakes if I want too) The movie was funny and true in many ways. I could relate to it, and the cast was great. After the movie we headed to the lounge for some rather strong cocktails.

All I needed for a great birthday was a martini, a red velvet treat and time with some special people, new and old. Unfortunately it was a Sunday night, and we all had to get home at a decent hour.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like fun! Sorry that I missed it. I've never been to Inwood Theatre. :(

I promise to call you on the correct day this year.

RobinBrant said...

I am so sad that I missed it, especially now that I know there were cupcakes :P

RobinBrant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.