Monday, February 23, 2009

A trip to the ER

I woke up at 5am on Sunday in Lake Charles, and knew that something wasn't right. I felt terrible and was having difficulty breathing. Being in someone else’s house and a town I don’t know I was a little panicked. The Hay family likes their sleep, and I didn’t want to wake them. I also knew that they would be so concerned they wouldn’t want me to go anywhere alone. I like to be alone when I’m sick. It’s my thing...so I Googled “urgent care” on my handy iphone, found out none of them opened until 10am! I tried searching a few other options and the magic phone found me a starbucks and the ER at the touch of Google. Hey, I have priorities. Iced grande skinny vanilla latte, then the ER.
I snuck into Celeste’s room to grab her keys and headed out. As predicted Celeste didn’t wake until 11:30 and by then I was almost finished at the ER. I found out I had a terrible upper respiratory infection that was exacerbated by the 5k run that Celeste and I had done the day before. I was given a steroid shot and prescriptions for when I got back to Dallas. Never a dull moment I guess.

1 comment:

RobinBrant said...

Poor Megan! I hope you are feeling better.