Monday, February 09, 2009

Let the celebrating begin!

Growing up I was the only February birthday, but as an adult I'm one of many. My friend Heather has a Valentine’s Day birthday, and mine is the day before. We decided to celebrate early beacause I'll be gone Valentines weekend, and Heather shares her day with her twins, which are turning 1. So Saturday night The Shahans and the Heinrichs joined us for dinner at Capital Grille. The host thought perhaps Garth Brooks was stopping in under the pseudonym "Chris Gaines" and I think was a little disappointed to find it was only Chris, and that it is his real name. The food was delicious. Can one really go wrong with calamari, lobster mac and cheese, seared ahi tuna and crème brule? I think not.

They took great care of us by giving us roses, writing out our names in chocolate on the plate, and adding a candle. I thank them for not singing.

Once dinner was over we said goodbye to Rob & Allison, and the 4 of us headed to the Mavs game. Some friends generously gave us their tickets, and we had the most amazing seats. Chris and I were seated 3rd row, and Chris and Heather were 9th row. The Mavs actually won in overtime, and the game was very exciting.

It was a delicious evening with wonderful company. Thank you all for making the trek rom Forth Worth to celebrate!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Awesome seats. And so convenient for me to come by and chat. Glad you guys had fun!!